The Healthcare Property Company Limited's objective is to balance the need to achieve our business aims with the need to satisfy society's rising environmental aspirations, as well as to seek to improve the quality of the environment in the local communities which may be affected by our operations.
HPC are ISO 9001: 2008 certified and our policy is to engage only those companies as contractors/sub-contractors that either have certification such as EMAS, ISO 4001: 1996, 9001 or BS7750, or that are working towards such certification.
Throughout the design and construction stages (and also throughout the operational period), we endeavour to combine and balance environmental, economic and social factors with the goal of providing a better quality of life for all the stakeholders.
We aim to lessen our environmental impact by careful and efficient use of resources in all our operations and in the products and services by:
Improving the natural environment, wherever possible;
- Thinking carefully about the needs of all stakeholders and ensuring we affect them positively;
- Showing we take responsibility for our actions;
- Being an example of social progress;
- Providing and maintaining safe, healthy and productive environments;
- Assisting economic growth and employment by using local labour.
The company's environmental policy is available upon request.